Thursday 25 September 2014

Interior Mock-Up

Using a few car loads of MDF, hardboard and whatever was laying around the workshop I have mocked-up the interior, primarily the aft cabin and wheelhouse. I did this for two reasons, firstly as proof of concept of my drawings and secondly to allow further design inspirations to flourish within the now 3d space. It's great to be able to sit, ponder and pose in this space rather simply study drawings. Also it was quite annoying trying to show people round the boat and having them slide in to the concave void that is a boat bilges.







The fore cabin I have yet to tackle, I have multiple designs depending on the practical demands of the final customer, whether it be a larger bed, bigger bathroom, more storage, extra bunks, etc. I didn't want to obstruct the overall view with some clumsy erections.



No comments:

Post a Comment